101 Forward Control Club and Register Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ambulance
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:56 am 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 2153
Member until: Expired

davebevan - Please click here to renew your club membership!
Found this last night. Looks pretty original, but no photo's of the cab, chassis etc.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ex-Military-Army-Land-Rover-101-Ambulance_W0QQitemZ300356485485QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45eea4416d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Anyone familiar with this vehicle?

Dave

Post subject: Re: Ambulance
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:36 pm 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 312

offroadstevie_uk - Please click here to renew your club membership!
Have you managed to talk the missus round to the idea then Dave..or are you gonna be brave and just let her deal with it when you bring it home :lol: .. At least you could sleep init when she kicks you out. 8)

64 FL 75 'Ex-Dredd' RHD GS- 'Doc' Ambi-2010 on

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 pm 
101 Addict!

It's what I'm looking for, but to say she's still not keen would be an understatement :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:49 pm 
Club Chair

Mem No: 1893
Member until: Aug 2020
It looks ok from the front.....but the back body is a different colour, which makes the pics out of sequence a little so not quite as left the army as been repainted & the pics are old before painting. . At £2500 with no tax or Mot then its topping out in value which does make you wonder why the owner hasnt bothered with it to get a good sale if hes done shows in it. :?: I would normally expect a tatty looking 101 for something thats been parked up but i guess it needs a first hand visit to see what it actually is :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:18 pm 
Club Historian

Mem No: 6
Have a photo of the vehicle in Cyprus cammo (sand & green) probably at Beltring. If the owner was a military vehicle enthusiast its probably been looked after and in original condition, not messed up as a camper.

Les.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 312

offroadstevie_uk - Please click here to renew your club membership!
Here we go again!!..back on that old chesnut..(the dreaded camper conversion) :lol:

I'm still laughing from the last negative comment made towards camper conversions..
There are some really good complimetry conversions done on 101's..maybe if people pulled their heads out of their a**es, they would notice them.

Once its yours..you do what you want to it. If its still on the road whats the problem?..

64 FL 75 'Ex-Dredd' RHD GS- 'Doc' Ambi-2010 on

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:58 pm 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 723
perhaps you should buy it les, and "save it".....

Les Adams wrote:
Have a photo of the vehicle in Cyprus cammo (sand & green) probably at Beltring. If the owner was a military vehicle enthusiast its probably been looked after and in original condition, not messed up as a camper.

Les.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:06 pm 
Club Chair

Mem No: 1893
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a military vehicle enthusiast & keeping the vehicle in original condition. This does look a pretty good example but let down by no recent pics & not being currently roadworthy which would make good selling techniques realising a good selling price.

However, :lol: perhaps the owner has realised the limited use the vehicle has & decided just to move it on as is to make way for something that can be modernised & used regularly so as to have a good value in both assets & useage :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 pm 
Club Historian

Mem No: 6
Steve, I suppose we could acquire it and save it from being vandalised but we have been working on the facilities to get the collection all under cover and Ray has less time since Stephen, or Burble as I called him, was born. Prototype No1's preservation is more important and until that's back on the road, I can't see the point in getting more vehicles.

Les.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:14 am 
101 Addict!

ptsteer wrote:
This does look a pretty good example but let down by no recent pics & not being currently roadworthy which would make good selling techniques realising a good selling price

He also listed it under parts, not vehicles, so anyone doing a specific search on vehicles won't find it (which I had been). Won't help him to realise a higher price, but might mean there's a bargain out there. What sort of price do Ambi's normally change hands for?

I'm not really in either the preservation, or originality camp, but if we didn't have the diversity, so many vehicles probably wouldn't still be on the road. More vehicles means greater demand for parts, which indirectly helps all owners with availability of the bits (someone will now tell me if we scrapped more, there'd be more bits for those left! :lol: ).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:23 am 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 723
[quote="davebevan"][quote="ptsteer"]What sort of price do Ambi's normally change hands for?quote]

In My opinion this is top wack for am abulance with no mot!! if you are going to bid i would suggest that you go and have a look first - you never know it might not be what you want!

I have just got back from swansea after going there to go and have alook at a 16 foot ifor williams trailer, the e-bay seller said it was in great condition and there was nothing wrong with it. Got the money out drove for three hours to get there to find out that the tyres where cracked, the spare was flat, all the lights where smashed and the most worrying thing the ifor williams data plate had been removed so there was no way of checking it with TER.... the seller looked "uncomfortable" when i mentioned the data plate and i left... the same trailer is still for sale on e-bay.

I am sure that you would not find the same problems with this ambulance but it awalys pays to go and have a look!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:51 pm 
101 Addict!

Viewing will be difficult before the auction ends, so I'll probably let this one go and see how much it ends at.

This one might better-suit the conversion brigade, but it's more local to me, so I'll try to get over and have a look:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Military-101-Ambulance-Personnel-Carrier-1977_W0QQitemZ110446524347QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item19b72037bb
Waiting for the seller to call me back.