101 club
https://www.101club.org/forums/

Billing Show 18-20th July
https://www.101club.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=678
Page 1 of 6

Author:  Tom [ Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Billing Show 18-20th July

The Billing show is on this year on the weekend of thew 18th-20th July.

The club will be given a stand here.

Is anybody interested in coming along, and/or taking charge?

If you do want to come, then please post in this thread/contact Steve or I and send us a £10 deposit cheque (which will not be cashed if you turn up!).

Author:  steveastrouk [ Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

Tom wrote:
Is anybody interested in coming along, and/or taking charge?


I have a definite.

Steve

Author:  steveastrouk [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

steveastrouk wrote:
Tom wrote:
Is anybody interested in coming along, and/or taking charge?


I have a definite.

Steve


I now have the allocation form via Roger Chedzoy from Billing (LRM) for the show. We have an allocation like this :

4 vehicles, 4 tents or two caravans ON STAND FOC
3 General Camping pitches inc 1 vehicle each
13 vehicles for stand display only, no camping.

Exhibitor vehicles must arrive before 9 am and leave after 5:30 pm

We are asked to accept or decline their offer.

May we have a show of hands for who will definitely be there ?

This stand is a whacking 20 x 25m - 20 Vehicles !

I take it we all accept it ???


Steve

Author:  RogerH-C [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

steveastrouk wrote:
May we have a show of hands for who will definitely be there ?

This stand is a whacking 20 x 25m - 20 Vehicles !

I take it we all accept it ???


This is much more generous than we've ever been offered before, so I'd be inclined to accept the offer!

I might even come myself, if spare stand spaces need taking up, although in years past, Billing has tended to bocome more of a Bling Show than a Land Rover show.

R.

Author:  steveastrouk [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

RogerH-C wrote:
steveastrouk wrote:
May we have a show of hands for who will definitely be there ?

This stand is a whacking 20 x 25m - 20 Vehicles !

I take it we all accept it ???


This is much more generous than we've ever been offered before, so I'd be inclined to accept the offer!


I can't imagine not accepting to be honest !

They are asking for a "great show for the 60th" - so, what are we going to do ??

Anyway, I confirm that the acceptance form is in tonight's post.

Steve

Author:  RogerH-C [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

steveastrouk wrote:
They are asking for a "great show for the 60th" - so, what are we going to do ??


We would have enough space to do an evolutionary display, from:
    vehicles as they were made (pristine GSs);
    modified by/for HM forces (Ambulance, Radio Body etc);
    to modified by their current owners (expedition vehicles etc).

It is perhaps worth remembering that many of these vehicles have been longer in civilian hands than their original owner's.
R.

Author:  steveastrouk [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

RogerH-C wrote:
steveastrouk wrote:
They are asking for a "great show for the 60th" - so, what are we going to do ??


We would have enough space to do an evolutionary display, from:
    vehicles as they were made (pristine GSs);
    modified by/for HM forces (Ambulance, Radio Body etc);
    to modified by their current owners (expedition vehicles etc).


Nice idea !

Steve

Author:  steveastrouk [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

For them as wants to see where the club has been allocated, I have attached a marked up drawing.

Steve

Attachments:
billing.jpg
billing.jpg [ 42.15 KiB | Viewed 21988 times ]

Author:  RogerH-C [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Billing Show 18-20th July (club tickets available)

steveastrouk wrote:
For them as wants to see where the club has been allocated, I have attached a marked up drawing.


The usual place, then. A good place, IMHO, as there is a stream/dyke just behind, so that the site is less likely to be used as a short-cut by Joe Public, and the trees next the stream give some late afternoon shelter form the sun (assuming we have any!).

Author:  peterb110 [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

The EMLRA display is next to and north of the 101 Club display.

Exceptionally, for this year, next to the EMLRA stand there will be an EW Cell. The cell will be made up of a Vampire and EW trailer and a 101 EW Intercept and mast trailer.

With a bit of luck the additional space should allow the Vampire mast with Adcocks array headload to be deployed to full height [80 feet] fully guyed. I'm also hoping to deploy the trailer mast with a Log Periodic headload. I'm not certain that I will fly this to 80 feet, certainly 30 odd feet, as I need to work out how the guying footprints will interlock and still allow Joe Public easy and safe access.

I'm hoping it will provide an interesting insight into the "Sneaky Beaky" role these trucks performed.

Cheers

Author:  steveastrouk [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

peterb110 wrote:
The EMLRA display is next to and north of the 101 Club display.

Exceptionally, for this year, next to the EMLRA stand there will be an EW Cell. The cell will be made up of a Vampire and EW trailer and a 101 EW Intercept and mast trailer.



So if we put our mostly military bits on the line with EMLRA, we can all look like we have a huge stand....

Steve

Author:  Pitão [ Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Excuse me .... I going over from Portugal ... bought the ticket and all ... have the camping pitch .... Can I park in the slot just for a photograph ? :lol:

Author:  DasLandRoverMan [ Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Vicky and me will be there camping out on ORRP Island. We can put the truck on the stand for a day if you'd like?

IIRC there should be at least 2 other 101's in the ORRP contingent, not sure if they're club members though. I can ask if they would be interested also?

One is a standard GS, t'other is a coil sprung one, IIRC it was entered for the comp safari at the ARC nat a few years running in the mid 90's. Can't rememebr the name of the guy who built it though.

Author:  aikhead [ Mon May 12, 2008 2:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi All
I LOVED Dirffield so much and not going to be needed for war and peace after all I would love to be included for Billing.
Edward Aikman

Author:  simonollman [ Tue May 20, 2008 3:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Men can i get a ticket for this show, or am i to late now :cry:

Author:  steveastrouk [ Tue May 20, 2008 3:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Time to start taking names for Billing, I'll edit this mail to reflect the interest.

Hugh Billingham Camping on stand
Simon Ollman camping on stand
Ed Aikman camping on stand
Peter Steer camping on stand
Bob Day pass ?
Stephen Leckie + 2 Camping passes, not on stand.



Steve

Author:  stephen leckie [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Billing

Two 101's coming down from Crieff, Scotland. One hardtop, one soft top.
Stephen Leckie 07967 650134

Author:  ptsteer [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  show

im seriously planning for billingham........how many people have we got so far :?:

Author:  RogerH-C [ Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'd like a ticket to camp on the stand at Billing, please.

Roger.

Author:  ptsteer [ Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  camping

just an idea as there isnt going to be enough camping passes for everyone..... then if you are in a tent then you get a chance of a camping pass....but if you sleep in your vehicle then you dont need one & you can just be a display vehicle but park up all night :lol: that would allow our allocation to go further :idea: .......that is of course if the rules are to be followed :lol: never having been i dont know so i bow to experience 8)

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/