101 club
https://www.101club.org/forums/

Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch
https://www.101club.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3051
Page 1 of 1

Author:  VRO [ Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

seen in e bay tonight
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/landrover-101-gs-with-rare-nokken-pto-winch_W0QQitemZ280478692549QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item414dd534c5#ht_755wt_1167

Author:  stevegully [ Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

just only last week been sold on e-bay, but it now is "missing" all the tilt sticks, dissy, and the alternator!

the seller also posts on here and it was the second one he brought :!:

Author:  ptsteer [ Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

Of course he would...... :lol: its 8 spoke the same as 8 spoke whose been posting on the forum. He said he has bought 2 & is obviously selling one off minus a few bits he had decided to keep, maybe :?:

Hes selling on ebay so fair game to get what he can for however he can, as his sale is aimed at the ebay punter so best of luck to him. As long as the sale is honest...you get what you see, then its all good, the buyer takes his chance :idea:

Author:  8spoke [ Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

[quote="stevegully"]just only last week been sold on e-bay, but it now is "missing" all the tilt sticks, dissy, and the alternator!

i think you need to get yourself an up to date calender mate. hammer came down on that auction over a month ago. :lol: .dont really see the harm in keeping a few spares for myself (especially as the engine is buggered anyway). its not as if i'm trying to cover over whats up for auction (previous owner springs to mind. apparently all this needed was a battery :evil: ). tell you what, if it bothers you that much, give us the sale price and i'll chuck the alternator in for free :lol: :lol:

Author:  bantammatt [ Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

I was gonna try buy this last time round but pictures were too vague and my transport guy couldn't go get it at the time. Looks like a more honest ad. Good luck !

Author:  ptsteer [ Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

Dont you worry 8 spoke, to me it looks a fair ad, & so what if you kept a few things, its no different to what anyone else would have done :wink:

Author:  Metalface [ Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

More importantly its his 101 and its not got anything to do with anyone else what he does with it. :roll:

Author:  stevegully [ Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

best of luck with the sale - your advert is fair and more compleate from the previous seller - regardless if it was one week, two weeks, or even over a month ago it was sold on e-bay. I do not this that matters in the big scheme of things (whats a week or two between friends!!!).

It must of cost you :?: to get it transported from near me (30 miles) to you (lots of miles from me), and i would not be pleased once i found ou thte engine is buggered - what does a good V8 go for now??

best of luck with the sale and thanks for the offer of the alternator but the truck is not for me!!! - but i wil be after a project once i get my GS back on the road in a few months!!!

8spoke wrote:
stevegully wrote:
just only last week been sold on e-bay, but it now is "missing" all the tilt sticks, dissy, and the alternator!

i think you need to get yourself an up to date calender mate. hammer came down on that auction over a month ago. :lol: .dont really see the harm in keeping a few spares for myself (especially as the engine is buggered anyway). its not as if i'm trying to cover over whats up for auction (previous owner springs to mind. apparently all this needed was a battery :evil: ). tell you what, if it bothers you that much, give us the sale price and i'll chuck the alternator in for free :lol: :lol:

Author:  8spoke [ Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

had it picked up by a transport company and delivered here. 500 mile round trip. cost a few quid mind but they did a good job. was more than a bit gutted with the state of the engine. no compression whatsoever :x . did contemplate breaking the whole lot but thought i'd try and sell it complete first. it'd be a shame to break a truck just for the sake of an engine, crossmember and a few other bits. if it doesn't sell i might take the winch off and sell it cheaper (winch wont go on my other one as theres a gas tank in the way). reserve on it is £1250 if anybody is interested :wink:

Author:  jplumstead [ Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

Can't see what the problem is at the end of the day He's only making the best out of a bad situation somthing we have all done from time to time good honest ADD :!:

Jer

Author:  Alibuk [ Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

Toying with ideas here guys.... What kind of money would one be looking at to get 8spoke's gs on the road? bearing in mind that i am a complete novice in the world of 101 would somthing like this be doable or would i be better off looking at paying for a road ready jobby????

Author:  8spoke [ Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

Alibuk wrote:
Toying with ideas here guys.... What kind of money would one be looking at to get 8spoke's gs on the road? bearing in mind that i am a complete novice in the world of 101 would somthing like this be doable or would i be better off looking at paying for a road ready jobby????


depends on how good you are at spannering really mate. :wink: . as with all projects its the labour charges that kill the job. if you can weld a new crossmember on, and fit a new engine yourself then its doable. i'd do it up myself but i've got enough jobs to keep me busy for a while yet. not to mention a missus who breaks her 109 faster than i can fix it :lol: . by the time i've crossed 1 thing off the top of the list, she's added 3 things to the bottom :lol: .

Author:  jplumstead [ Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Also on e bay tonight, 101 GS with winch

8spoke wrote:
by the time i've crossed 1 thing off the top of the list, she's added 3 things to the bottom :lol: .


Know that feeling mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/