It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 101 FC Radio Body
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:36 am 

eric is not a club member.

Click here to join the 101 club

Or click here if you are already a member
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Landrover-101 ... SwiDFYRYrn

An odd one this one. Looks to have been resprayed, not cleaned before the spray and lots of odd things done. Adverts like this scream "avoid like the plague" my gut feel as someone has clearly spent money (in some very odd places) and then given up (I assume for a reason). But it may be for genuine reasons.

########REG REMOVED AT OWNERS REQUEST ############

Very rare land rover 101 radio body for sale. I have owned this for a couple of years and have loved every minute. I have to come to terms with the fact that I don't use it enough to have the time to spend on her. Original radio body, the back body is empty of original kit, is partly boarded out and has a fold out bed in the back.

The engine is a low compression 3.5 v8 that runs very sweetly (did when pared up, no doubt battery will be flat as not moved for a couple of months). Has recently been fully repainted in Desert Sand paint. Has brand new defender seats in the front. Stainless steel tank fitted which is a £400 part.

For MOT she will need:

Seats bolting down and seat belts fitting ( no seat belts provided )

Electric fan fitting ( Kenlowe fan provided )

Wing mirrors fitting ( Provided )

Thats all she should need, just don't have time as have another 7 projects on the go. The roof tent will be removed or can be sold with the truck for a separately negotiable price.

She has a mixed bits exhaust on at the moment which works but i will also include a full big bore stainless steel exhaust and the correct right hand manifold to enable fitting.

Viewing is available by prior arrangement at weekends

Trailer not included in the sale nor is the roof tent unless addition price agreed.

Cash on collection, obviously can't be driven away for you will need a strong trailer as she weights well over 2.5 tons.

I also have available separately a winch bumper for the front to enable a standard electric winch to be fitted, a triple Jerry can holder, brand new never fitted and a complete overdrive kit including brackets, lever and cable. These are not included in the sale but a separate price can be greed for these.

Last edited by eric on Tue May 30, 2017 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 101 FC Radio Body
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:48 am 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2093
Member until: Expired

stav#69 - Please click here to renew your club membership!
My friends been and had a look around this as its parked were he works.
he says it pretty rough and all inside is stripped out so just bare metal, chassis looks ok

Stav

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:16 pm 

Mem No: 2822

justagrunt64 - Please click here to renew your club membership!
Evening, I have just found this post.
As I am the new owner of the vehicle I was wondering if this post can be removed along with some of its speculative comments and registration.
Regards

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:51 pm 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 1794
Member until: Aug 2020
Perhaps you'd like to tell us the information about the vehicle and perhaps change the OP's view ...? Les may be able to dig up some history if you submit the VIN or possibly the military registration.

As with other Landrover products there can always be deliberate wringers or vehicles bought in good faith that turn out to be wrong but some just look odd and are completely genuine ...

AndyG

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:55 am 

eric is not a club member.

Click here to join the 101 club

Or click here if you are already a member
All I did was post the advert and a couple of comments on the respray..... I think we all accept be cautious of a vehicle which has had a respray.

Congrats anyway.... how is it ?

Perhaps post something constructive on how all that glitters was gold ? I will edit the original post to pull the reg out..

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:12 pm 

Mem No: 2822

justagrunt64 - Please click here to renew your club membership!
Thank you gents, and yes Eric it was a bit rough when I bought it but i thought she deserved another chance in life.
The previous owner was as honest as could be in its history and I did check up on the military reg which seemed genuine to me. Just looking to get her on the road for a bit of a play this year and then start a renovation at the end. Not too sure how far im going with it yet as I have done vehicles in the past and I know they can take a bit time, at the moment just looking to tidy her up and get her road worthy.
Not the origional engine but it is now back to been a V8, and at some point been dropped from 24 to 12v.
Attachment:
Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-08-11.jpeg
Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-08-11.jpeg [ 66.86 KiB | Viewed 4982 times ]