All times are UTC

Post subject: Dashboard Pics
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:56 pm 

jvoelcker is not a club member.

Click here to join the 101 club

Or click here if you are already a member
Afternoon All,

Seasons greetings.

Please could someone post a pic of a standard dashboard on a 101 as well as the gauges in the middle.

I am trying to put a 101 back together that someone else stripped and just trying to work out where the pile of bits go back to.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Dashboard Pics
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:34 pm 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 2270
Member until: Aug 2020

LHD dash is morror image of RHD dash I believe.

If vehicle does not have winch, A blanking grommet (25)replaces winch warning lamp(24).

Unless vehicle is 24 Volt the two centre Ammeters and labels (4,5 & 6) are not fitted. On a 12 volt GS there are three blank holes here.

The Infra red switch (38,39) was not fitted on some contracts, and of those that had it fitted originally , many had the I.R.option removed in later service.

I think somewhere I have parts manual for Ambulance variant. WHY? GS ambulance, radio body? LHD, RHD? You do not say and that has some bearing on what the dash and instruments are like....

I can recommend the benefits of buying parts catalogue (or drivers manual) that has this kind of information.... various parts catalogues are vailable as free pdf downloads..... worth a search of the net?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:24 pm 
101 Addict!

12 Volt GS with winch and working Infra red switch assembly. This vehicle has no instruments in the centre position.

Indicator arm has been reset on steering column, and arm bent out the way of my knee to allow me to work the brakes.....

Fog lamp switch below Infra red switch is only present on some vehicles. When built fog lamps were not mandatory, but those 101's that were bodied as GS or Ambulance at marshall's of Cambridge after years of standing around as chassis cabs went into service after Foglights were mandatory, so for these vehicles ( mainly Ambulances and RAF Rapier Missile and Blindfire radar tractors ) were fitted with foglamps and the switch before going into service. Earlier GS's etc normally did not have foglamps. Switch is pull switch with fog lamp legend on it, pulling this out on dipped headlights only also lights square warning lamp under ignition switch ( also with fog lamp legend on it).

There is no such thing as a "Standard" 101" dash.....

Last edited by antarmike on Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm 

jvoelcker is not a club member.

Click here to join the 101 club

Or click here if you are already a member
Thanks Guys,

I do have a parts catalogue but the photos help with the colours of the indicator lamps in the various places.

I think this is a 1976 GS - it has three holes in the dash in the centre for 3 gauges, just wondering if there was anything specific to go in there.

This is one hell of a jigsaw - every panel/component has been stripped off and repainted or re-galvanised and the person who did the stripping photographing everything has left the project :-(

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:06 pm 
101 Addict!

jvoelcker wrote:
Thanks Guys,

I do have a parts catalogue but the photos help with the colours of the indicator lamps in the various places.

I think this is a 1976 GS - it has three holes in the dash in the centre for 3 gauges, just wondering if there was anything specific to go in there.

This is one hell of a jigsaw - every panel/component has been stripped off and repainted or re-galvanised and the person who did the stripping photographing everything has left the project :-(

Thanks again.

Only the 24 volt vehicles had ammeters and these occupied two of the cetral holes. ( item 4 on page 32:36 and page 32:37))
One shows the current from the main main circuit ( vehicle lights horn etc, ) The other ammeter shows current for auxilliary circuit. (radio gear etc) Third hole was unused on 24 volt vehicles. On a 12 Volt vehicle all the holes were empty since they did not have an ammeter fitted.

Top left warning lamp Yellow trailer indicator warning , flashes once if trailer not connected and should flash with vehicle indicator warning if trailer indicator lights are working, Top right green Vehicle indicators, Central below red charge warning light. centre bottom round lamp White winch drive engaged (when fitted otherwise blanked off). Sqaure lamp at centre bottom Diff Locked warning. Square light bottom left under ignition switch rear Fog warning light (when fitted)

The text in the User manual, pages 34 and 35 states the colour and location of the warning lamps (except winch warning lamp which is shown together with its colour on page 173) .

Page 33 shows the 24 Volt vehicle ammeters in the central position, and explains which one does what. At the stage in development at which the User manual was written it does not aoppear that there were more than just the two holes. i don't know when or why a third hole was added.

Have you got a copy of User Manual?