101 club

101 club

101 Forward Control Club and Register Forums
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 pm 

Mem No: 2938
Member until: Expired

soydemadrid - Please click here to renew your club membership!
* EDIT * I should state that despite my username I'm located in Yorkshire, UK!! *

Hi I hope someone may be able to help. I've wanted to own a 101 for around 10 years now. Previously I've not had the space for one but since moving I'm a bit more sorted now.

I'm currently looking for RHD 101 FC GS (or even something that isn't a GS anymore that would be fairly easy to turn back into a GS "ragtop" or hardtop if the mods haven't been done in a destructive way...). The only reason I can't do Ambulance or other DIY body shapes is I need to stick to those original width and height dimensions of the ragtop. So a hardtop would be ok if it is just a compact fit to the profile of what a canvas hood would be roughly anyway. More than that and I can't get the car in the garage going off the average dimensions.

I'd like a standard V8 with overdrive is possible. I'd then hopefully look to fit lpg possibly in the future to get the running costs down.

I'm not looking for a high-end vehicle. I don't mind the body work being a bit tatty, but need a good solid chassis and good engine - a good runner! Something I can use every day and work on improving over time. A good chassis and mechanics is the most important factor and a vehicle that will pass/has an MOT and can be used from purchase. It would be my only car and daily driver.

Currently I have a 1972 Land Rover SWB Series III which I'd be happy to do a straight swap with or sell to pay for the 101. My Series III is just as I need a 101 to be, fairly straight and reliable and good bones!! Doesn't need to be a stunner. I'd hate to see the Series 3 go as I love it and it's my daily driver that I want the 101 to replace - but it would be worth selling or swapping it for a good 101. I realise most 101's are more expensive than Series 3's are, but I'm hoping that there is someone out there with a 101 that is of comparable value or that would swap but I can maybe raise a little extra cash on top if I have to. Maybe someone that needs a good reliable Series 3 that is tax and MOT exempt and has no MOT advisories and that is used daily and fixed quickly when a problem does crop up.

I love Land Rovers and will give a 101 a good home. When I moved to my house my Series III was too tall with the old style Roof Rack on that it wouldn't go under the garage door, so I knocked out half the garage front and rebuilt a larger door frame and made my own new large doors and such to make it fit!! The plan would be the same on the 101 and to do right by it and modify the garage again to get even more height and space for it. That's how much I'd love to own one! The landy should always come first and the house second haha!

Also just to tug the heart strings if possible but my 3 year old son would love a 101 too! We watch them together on YouTube, and he even has the Oxford Die Cast 101 model toys which he drives around his bedroom!!

Any help is appreciated to get hold of one - though if there isn't anything out there then I won't give up and will keep looking even if it doesn't happen just yet. I've also now joined the club membership and will support the community if I can get to become a 101 owner.

Thanks very much again everyone and anyone that can help or knows where to look or has any tips! Sorry for the long post :)