|Posting Ads (Please read this first!}
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||ptsteer [ Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:09 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Posting Ads (Please read this first!}|
Welcome to the For Sale section of the 101 FCC&R website!
• Anybody can post adverts here - though you will need to register on the forum first to do this!
• Vehicle adverts posted by club members will be made into 'sticky' posts - They will stay at the top of the forum making them more visible.
• If you are a not a club member and would like your advert to be displayed in Sixstud, then please contact the editor ([email protected]) to arrange this.
• Selling a 101 related item? - there is no place that will be seen by more 101 owners than in Sixstud!
If you have any trouble posting your advert, require any advice relating to your advert, or want it to be added for you, please contact ptsteer (forum ID), or email [email protected]
Please obey the following rules and guidelines:
101 Related items only!
Please do not list your items with a link to your ebay auction as these will be deleted
For Sale items deemed to be in direct competition to CLUB SPARES will be removed
Make the subject of your posting as descriptive as possible! - so that people can easily tell what you are selling.
Include the following information:
- Your Location
- How to contact you (see below)
- picture (where relevant, see below)
- The price you are looking for.
If you do not want to publish your email address in plain text in the advert then tell people to click the 'email' or 'pm' links in your user profile. This will have the same effect but will hide your address from everyone else.
Upload a Picture
A picture is worth a 1,000 words. An advert without one (especially for a vehicle) will invariably lead to requests to show/send us a piccie! However the Club prefers that pictures are hosted offline because they take up a lot of bandwidth that we have to pay for. So post your pictures on a web hosting service such as http://photobucket.com/and then copy and paste the IMG code shown on photobucket into your post on the Club forum and this will get a picture into your ad on this forum. (Other hosting services are available, we do not endorse photobucket - or anyone else for that matter!)
If you do not want to use photobucket then you can load the picture direct on to the forum as an attachment but you will need to resize it first - there is a very large number of online free resizing software if you do not have the ability to resize pictures yourself. here are 2 random examples: http://www.resize2mail.com/ http://www.picresize.com/#
Update your post, or post a follow-up reply if your request has been filled. The moderators will then lock your thread.
Anything posted in this section, not relating to "For Sale" items will be deleted
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group