101 club

101 club

101 Forward Control Club and Register Forums
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:38 am 

Mem No: 2754
Member until: Aug 2018
In the spirit of comradeship with the rest of the Land Rover community... On the Norwegian Land Rover forum there's a family (2 adults and a 7 year old) looking for where to travel and go camping this summer in the UK from 25 July to 14 August.

Unfortunately, they're not travelling in style in a 101, but in a 110 with roof tents (I suppose it's the same numbers, just in a different order). I couldn't come up with any specific suggestions, which is what would be useful, so, any specific Land Rover friendly camping sites, maybe suggestions for shows/events where camping is also an option?

I suggested that they ought to explore the Southwest, for beaches for the 7 year old... Not a very specific suggestion... I'm sure Wales and Scotland will be mentioned, but they have access to plenty of nature in Norway... anyone know of any castles or "estates" with camping in Wales, or elsewhere for that matter?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:07 pm 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 2270
I would not recommend West coast of Scotland at that period of time. Unless you want to smother the kids in DEET and cover them in anti Midge netting. Sorry I can't suggest where you could go, but just where it might not be a good idea to go.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:31 am 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2368
Hi, there is the landrover show at Kelmarsh Hall in Northamptonshire on the last weekend in july. Its got camping for up to 5 days and is a landrover show with new parts traders, autojumble and events in the arena. Its a live promotions event so its a bit pricey but if you have not been to one before it may be worth a look. Its set in the grounds of a stately home and its quite pretty and in the heart of the midlands.

Adam...........intrepid restorer of the shed

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:51 pm 
101 Addict!

Mem No: 1965
North Wales, Snowdonia area is well worth a visit. Lots to see, beaches, mountains, industrial heritage (slate mines), narrow gauge railways, castles.

Shell island campsite is worth a visit.

88" - 1966 SIIa - Wife's
Scooby Doo - For everyday!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:18 pm 

Mem No: 2754
Thank you for the comments and suggestions. Went to Billings years ago... I thought it was large and very busy, anyhow, I'm sure they'll end up having to make some tough choices... I've spent a bit of time in and around Snowdonia but mostly on foot. The Shell Island camp site looks ideal, close enough for day trips in Snowdonia, easy to do some of the shorter walks, like Devils Kitchen, and still have fish and chips for dinner and a pint :)