101 club

101 club

101 Forward Control Club and Register Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:24 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2362
Member until: Aug 2017
The new super MVT magazine came in the post today and the article on the new owner for the Revival has given his views under the heading "Return to glory". He sounds like a great new custodian with a fair collection of bikes and vehicles himself.

He talks about not subsidising the show and the paying public need a great show to attract them and their monies. He also talks about organising the living history displays into rough date order so the public can jump off a land train and walk through each in a logical order.

I think he sounds like good news currently and I have sent off my form. If anyone won that £33m - may I have that ex Fury M4 (105) Sherman at €250,000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:21 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2230
Jut read an article in Classic Military Vehicle Mag re this years show and it looks like living history will not be hotchpotch and displays in chronological order. Also tanks will be able to drive about without a red flag bloke as liability sits with the driver ([DIZZY FACE] lets see how that pans out)

I've also read that no displays will be allowed to leave until the Sunday, but don't know if the arrival date is fixed.

I love the show but I am questioning this rationale so I'll be holding off for the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1983 SWB Series III
2012 90 CSW
75 FL 09 24v GS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:12 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2005
Ian

i don't think our little gathering is classed as a display,
so i reckon come and go as you please.
anyway they can't afford to many upsets in there first show can they?
i like you await to nearer the time to see what transpires.

on another note are you coming to stoneleigh sunday?
the pre show breke should be enough to tempt you.

Toddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:27 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2230
Sorry buddy, I can't make it. Happy New Year to you and the rest of or 101 bothers and sisters

1983 SWB Series III
2012 90 CSW
75 FL 09 24v GS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm 
101-derful!

The owners were at Stoneleigh today but although the new ladies were very friendly
and signing people up - I did hearImage two gents who clearly had never been and were
moaning at the cost for the week stay £220 between them - not sure if they were bringing a vehicle
- probably not.
In the end they paid due to the amount of stalls to see.

I did get these two plan photos.
They have move some bits around and as I said the dioramas will be in date order.

Hopefully Brian will update us as and when.Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:18 am 
Club Secretary

Mem No: 2029
Whilst at Stoneliegh, I had a bit of a chat with the new organiser, firstly by posing a question regarding his comments on IMPS members, to which he denied. He answered my questions on multiple vehicle applications and costs, so I am now reasonably happy with these comments. But am on standby, want to see if the promises made about toilet and shower facilites are factual. We will be watching.

Yes, he told me about the Date order of the Living History, which may now have to expand into the "Green" field, which means that some vehicles will now be occupying places within "Kitcheners" field. May have to be a bit more economical with space for vehicles in this field.

Yes, He told me about the Bus Service, a round the venue bus service, with no more than a twenty minute gap between buses at about 8 designated bus stops around the venue. This is going to be run solely by the new organiser team, so no third person delays or excuses, he said.

We were also informed about the new temporary vehicle trackway, which is apparently being supplied by the Norgwegian Army, at the main vehicle entrance and at Kitcheners Field. Noted his comment that the British Army were unable to provide this request, but Norway could.

There will also be additional vehicle parks at various locations around the venue, for us the entrants, to use to visit other areas without blocking the roadways, as in previous years.

I do have a copy of the proposed layout map, which has a few notes on, but have left that at home, so cannot upload it now, so will do that later.

That's all for now.

56 FL 65 - Lightweight FFR 24v
55 KL 83 - Harley Davidson MT350
Unknown - Can Am Bombardier 250

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:22 pm 
Club Secretary

Just an update....................
This is the latest event layout plan.
Attachment:
EPSON002.JPG
EPSON002.JPG [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 2207 times ]

As can be immediately seen is the relocation of the public car park to part of the former Haig's Field, although not shown on there is the seperate vehicle entrance for public vehicles. As can be appeciated this will mean a great loss of space for those who camped/parked up in previous years. These vehicles are now expected to fill the areas in the available Haig's Field and the remainder is to be located within Kitchener's Field. This is due to the loss of the local farmer fields, and the fact that the public were forced to enter via the trade stalls. With this new public car park entrance, the public will enter in the middle of the vehicle displays and can then walk or bus around the venue. No mention has been made regarding the visitors arriving by train, perhaps there is a dedicated bus for this!!?!

Also evident are the location of the "Bus Stops" all 7 off them, with a twenty minute service, not sure of the route/routes.

Also evident are the location of the toilet and seperate shower blocks. Strange how the largest field may have two sets of toilets but only one shower block. The crew who get that one will be working hard all day and night.

Have sent another email, more questions, lets see if they answer.

Apologies for plan on it's side, but you can still view it OK.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:01 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2391
Myself and a group of friends drive over each year from Northern Ireland and stay for about 6 days.We have always had to leave the show around 8pm on the Saturday evening so that we can get the 10.30am ferry home on the Sunday. However, the new organiser has insisted that we are not allowed under any circumstance to leave before 6.30am on the Sunday morning. Even after we had explained we had to get the ferry at Birkenhead. He was not at all interested and even said he expected to lose some exhibitors but didn't seem to care. I had already booked the ferry prior to becoming aware we would be held prisoner, so rather than risk losing nearly £400 to Stenaline, I amended my journey to get the late sailing on the Sunday. This cost another £80. Some of us have also had to take an extra days holiday from work. We have decided to give the new owners one chance at putting on a good show and treating us right, otherwise we may well not return.

1975 101GS V8. 64FL05
. Duel Fuel - LPG & Petrol
Joint owner of a 1959 Daimler Ferret mk 1/2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:27 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2005
Jim

these new owners certainly are not winning over a lot of people.
surely the decent thing given your explanation would be to show a level of flexibility.
one more thing to add to the growing list of things against them.
not many plus points yet.
i myself are undecided but like you may give it a chance.
the signs so far don't bode well.
no doubt there's more to come.

Toddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm 
101-derful!

My friend who was emailing the new owners then suggested we would not leave the show until midnight on the Saturday night (even though this would potentially leave us with little spare time if we had a breakdown etc) but still there was no flexibility from them. They stated that it wasn't fair on the paying public. I can't see there being many members of the public there at midnight! Leaving early Sunday morning also means we will have to get up very early to pack all our kit away. Add this to the long hot drive home and driver fatigue is definitely a factor. If it wasn't for the likes of us there would be no show but these people don't seem to realise that.

1975 101GS V8. 64FL05

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:56 am 
Club Secretary

Talking around several MV owners in my immediate area, there seems to be little or no concern, regarding leaving times, mainly because they are all within an hour or so travel distance from the venue. However there is concern over space and atmostphere. This has always been a very relaxed family show, with very little rules and a lot of movement with the organisers and team. However, this year it looks to become a strict, no nonsense event with no leeway for anybody. There are some, like Jim around the country, who would like to break camp after the public have gone on Saturday, and have had the same response, and again are in two minds as to attend or not.

A few MV owners have already committed to this years event, just to give the new team a chance, then make decision for following years, others have already said enough is enough and not attending.

The organisers are being very hard nosed at present, and upsetting lots of potential entrants, perhaps he needs to be. There is also the question of the white van or civilian Land Rover/Mitsibushi/Toyota with magnetic UN stickers on, towing a caravan with loads of people inside. I know there was some rumblings to stop or limit these entrants, due to complaints from bona fide military vehicle owners.

As stated earlier, I have emailed the organiser with some queries and concerns, lets see what the answers will be, if they bother to answer at all. Will keep you updated as and when.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:13 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 1865
When signing the entry form and agreeing to terms and conditions, do they contain anything stating you cannot leave before a specified day/time? I am sure they will. However, if they do not then they cannot stop you leaving when you want. If they try to they would be holding you against your will and you would be entitled to call the police. Worth checking.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 pm 
101-derful!

In the website in the military vehicle booking form section there is this sentence

YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PACK UP AND LEAVE SITE UNTIL SUNDAY MORNING 06:00AM. IT IS A 5 DAY SHOW NOT A 4 OR 4.5 DAY SHOW. IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO MEET THIS CRITERIA DO NOT APPLY

This is not actually mentioned in the booking form itself, but the form does state.

I/We agree to abide by the rules of the event and show site and also to obey the instruction of the Officials while on the show site and that our participants will behave in a manner acceptable for a family event at all times.

So does this mean we are signing up to staying to Sunday morning?

The new owner is FRL Media Group. Seems like they are only interested in making money, unlike the previous owners who were obviously passionate about all things military.

1975 101GS V8. 64FL05

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm 

Mem No: 2228
Hi
do these new rules on when we can leave the site also apply if we want to say ,go and get supplies, fuel ect from the local shops ? or mabe use the local pubs that advertise in the WP booklet for a meal out ?
i dont realy see how they can restrict our movements like that ,and exspect people to come to the show

might be there ,might not

dale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:46 pm 
101-derful!

I signed up in Nov to test the water and I have not had any paperwork back yet.
I did think those booking early might get a email or something / map in the
post so we could spread the good word.

Just goes to show what maybe Rex had to juggle all these years without moaning
or making too much of a big deal about the odd anominally to each booking.

I wonder if my friend with the Russian tanks has been offered any transport - I
will ask.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00 pm 
101-derful!

Ref Dale's post, good point. Will security insist on some proof that we are only going to the pub etc, and haven't packed up and left for good?!!!!

1975 101GS V8. 64FL05

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:44 am 
101-derful!

I chased up my application and apparently up until last weekend they were busy
doing their various shooting shows but they are now back into Revival mode
and stuff will be posted out soon.

Seems they will be trying to re describe the loo charge - they mostly employed Gurkas
last year to man them but they are waiting back to hear about numbers that are
available to employ.
Brian organises our loos - do remember to pay on arrival so he is not left out
of pocket like the last 2 years - as that is not fair.

It's still a cheap package for a good few days away whichever way you look at it.

I suspect they will have a blanket ban on leaving on the Saturday early as its their
main day but nothing stopping you leaving I assume really late on the Saturday evening
or very early Sunday morning.
Seems most of the overseas groups are taking advantage of an extra day and booked to
depart on the late Monday ferries.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:03 pm 
Club Secretary

Ok, I have, now had a reply back from the new organisers with some good news.

They have agreed for 101FCC&R to mark out a suitable area during the weekend of 09.07.16 in co-operation of the Kitcheners Field Marshall's (to be confirmed).

Agreed to the delivery and location of our own toilet facilities from the weekend 16.07.16 till Monday 25.07.16

Agreed arrival of club members from Saturday 16.07.16, and send their wishes for a "jolly good time in-between."

So now on the search for quotes on the toilets requirements, but before that would like an idea on the number of members and friends attending the show this year. Also nearer the date the confirmation number of vehicles attending, as we have been allowed a 10 x 10 area per vehicle, which is basically what I have used in previous years.

So, looks like it's good to go, at present.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:36 pm 
Club Secretary

Just had another update... It looks like Twickenham Off Road Club are going to be the Kitcheners Field Marshalls again.

But this could change???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:15 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 1865
Is a copy of the 'rules of the event' available for people to see before signing an entry form, it should be, otherwise you do not know what you are signing for. If the rules do not state specific restrictions on leaving then they cannot enforce any as far as I can see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next