101 club

101 Forward Control Club and Register Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 am 
Club Secretary

Mem No: 2029
Member until: Aug 2017
For those that may not have seen the recent news from the new organiser of the show, they have announced the dates for the next event at Folkestone Racecourse for 2016.

The show ground will be open for the same period, but the public open days have been changed to 19th July to 23rd July 2016

To quote the new organiser -

" Just to clarify the dates for next year, the show in 2016 will be Tuesday 19th July to Saturday 23rd. The Saturday night will see a spectacular finale to the show that will bring the show to a close, leaving Sunday for a pack down day."

Not exactly sure how this will change the show, but we will see. Should make it a bit easier for those that have long journeys home, be it in the UK or within Europe.

Obviously this year was seriously affected by "Operation Stack" and the weather, but Sunday was a complete wash out, and the public numbers were down and those that did turn up only saw a minimal show, and vehicles making their way to the exit. Even some of the traders left early, but some of that was due to the actions of a few unsavoury types and the lack of security.
Perhaps this kind of radical reaction is required to keep the interest up in the show, and will guarantee a full show ground for the paying public.

56 FL 65 - Lightweight FFR 24v
55 KL 83 - Harley Davidson MT350
Unknown - Can Am Bombardier 250

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 am 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2288
Member until: Expired

mikethebike - Please click here to renew your club membership!
Brian,

We stayed until Monday lunchtime and the drive back was better for it. I did note that many traders had closed up shop early Sunday, but did not realise there were any issues part from the weather....what happened?
Glad to see they have a stake in the ground already for dates, I am sure the current team will be helping them with the transition of their baby :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm 
Club Secretary

Mike, I know a few people stayed on till Monday and that was great, we intended to move nearer to the exit, but was actually shown the gate instead, due to the amount of traffic and mud.

Some of the traders experianced theiving little and/or not so little ratbags, who not only broke into their vehicles and stalls, graffitted their vehicles with permanate mark pens, because the traders emptied their vehicle of anything worth pinching, and then wrote unsavory verse on the vehicles. Just to rub salt into the wound. Some escaped the wrath of the traders by jumping the security fencing, away from the chaos they had caused and away from the site security, who were then left in a helpless situation. This is one of the many things that will need to be sorted for next year's event.

There is rumour that some of the more senior members of the team, have also had enough, and may not continue in the same roles next year. But I will be talking to some of those, over the next weekend at the IMPS Headcorn event, so I will get the news direct.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:40 am 
101 lunatic!

Mem No: 1907
Thanks for the info Brian much appreciated by the way hope you didn't think Davie and myself were jumping queue when we left w and p Marshall came down and asked if we had four wheel drive we said yes and he said if you think you can make it up to entrance crack on so of course 101 no problem hope all family well cheers les

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:20 pm 
Club Secretary

Hi Les, No problem mate, we had the same guy come up to us and said just go via the muddy track if your 4x4 works, so we all went.
Yep, all family well, but not always very quiet, Millie is getting louder as her lungs get stronger, oh joy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 am 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2230
Member until: Expired

narune - Please click here to renew your club membership!
As Seen On TV!

Just watched the last episode of Combat Dealers, I know guys, sad I know but there was a surprise on there.

Yes, Mr Todd, Mike the Bike, Simon and the arm of Perry were seen in a clip from War and Peace.

Have a look and see if yo can spot them.

Cheers,

Ian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1983 SWB Series III
2012 90 CSW
75 FL 09 24v GS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:41 pm 
Club Secretary

After reading some disturing news around various web sites, regarding the 2016 War & Peace Revival, thought I would check out their web site and vehicle entry form for 2016.

I will not dwell on the IMPS membership issue, but will mention the £10.00 per Application, requirement to ensure that the toilets and shower blocks are manned/attended 24/7 over the show period. Not entirely sure if this extends from the venue being open for exhibitors from Friday 15 July 2016 or from Tuesday 19 July 2016 till Saturday 23 July 2016.
So when booking in for next years event, not only will there be the standard £25.00 entry fee but also a £10.00 fee for "Services and Amenities" as well.

I have put a number of questions to the event organisers, via email, and await their reply.

In the mean time, I do have a question for those on here who intend to attend the event as normal. Do we continue with the hire of our own toilet facilities at the club stand area, over ther duration of the event, as in previous years? The cost of this is shared by those in attendance, and not by the club.

I appreciate that this will not have much impact on those who enter with just one vehicle, with two adults and two children or less. But for those who enter with more, the cost just escalate vertically. My own costs will rise from nil to an estimated value in excess of £180.00, plus all the normal vehicle running and fuel costs. So depending on answers from the show organisers, will dictate what, where and when.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:50 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2005
good luck waiting for an answer brian
sent my questions last week still no answer
not on our own lots of people have had no answers.
spoke to the new people at malvern last weekend
did'nt have a good feel to them and no mention of the 10 quid
fee. makes you wonder does'nt it?
wait & see.

Toddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:38 pm 
Club Secretary

It is very annoying that they are slow to reply, knowing that Rex would have all the answers ready before posting anything, and would answer everybody within 24 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:07 pm 

Mem No: 2228
hi
i mailed them last week to confirm the price for next year as i had heard about the extra £10 ,the reply was the price is the same as last year at £25 ,and on the online booking there was no mention of any extra ,so hopefully this is the case ,only time will tell !

regards
dale

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:02 am 
Club Secretary

Dale, if you go onto their website booking-in form, there is a note explaining about the £10.00 fee, but further down is an option button, but this does not work. The £10 fee is not optional, its an addition.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:55 pm 

Mem No: 2228
when i looked there was nothing there ,which is why i mailed them ,if it is the case i guess the new organisers are trying to boost the profits a bit ,as i carnt see it costs that much to do something that should already be done in the first place ,the state of the toilets and showers first thing in the morning was the reason we left early this year ,even the toilets in the grandstand were blocked ,which is just not acceptable ,i dout we will go again ,

dale

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:02 pm 
101-derful!

if thats the case why not just say the cost is now £35
still no reply to my e mail
makes me wonder is what other suprises are going to pop up
from this lot.
anything could happen in the months to come.
with the news of some of the larger northern shows not happening
next year it looks like the midland shows will be more of a go this
coming show season.
i don't feel like i want to commit to W&P just yet.

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:03 pm 
101 lunatic!

Thinking of having a break from war and peace next year anyway and so far with comments I doubt ill be there and try a few other shows hope your all well les.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:05 pm 
101-derful!

les
my thoughts as well
will weigh up my options by the end of january
may even give this season a miss altogether
and concentrate on business instead.
it's a lot of time effort & expense to be messed about by
organizers of shows who don't seem to appreciate us
and our efforts to show our trucks and attract the public.

see you soon Dave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 am 
Club Secretary

Hi Les, hope all is well with you and yours. I take it that this year (2015) was the straw that broke the camels back. Shame, you will be missed. What about the remaining Scottish contingent, are they going to brave the journey and expense?

I know that this is still early, but would like some idea of the total numbers and the requirement of toilets, as to get early deliveries we need to order during the early part of 2016, plus I need to get them costed first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:49 pm 
101 lunatic!

Hi dave and brian no I enjoyed war and peace 2015 just fancy a little change as I have been coming there since 2008 dont know what yet but we will see take care les

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:44 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2362
I have spoken to the new Revival chaps and expressed a view about the confusion re the £10.
01258 857700
bookings@warandpeacerevival.com
I think they have just worded it wrongly currently and I am sure they will revise it.

At the end of the day - I support the Gurkhas and if it means some get employed manning the loos that is a positive in my eyes.

If I go camping down in Dorset over say Easter then all the campsites charge for the complete 3 day weekend even if you are only making it for two days and so one night and they are a similar cost so from £15ppn - £25ppn. I have never trusted my GS to get up to Scotland and so I hugely admire both Dave and Les making such a journey (and the cost). To me the time at the show is more about the people and the displays rather than the actual show and the public. I do not have many friends that are local - that get either the LR bit nor the green vehicle attraction - except in November when they want a poppy attraction.

So to meet up with likeminded people in a place that has lots of benefits - kids enjoying the outside - lots of stalls - drinks with the mad Belgiums - more stuff to see - some serious effort in the annual displays seems a big plus for me. Yes it costs a lot to get there - yes it would be nice to be paid to show our vehicles and displays but those monies would need to come from somewhere and I assume that would be the paying public.....

A few friends have tracked stuff and the headaches they go through to ensure they will get "free" transportation yet they risk not seeing their pride and joy for around a month in total as the lorries never arrive on the right day in either direction and the risk of damage is high due to the "cheapest" option being used to get them there and back.

Two friends own a racing car and there are only three tracks that they like to use and one is being closed because planning permission has been granted for another housing estate so now they are looking to race out in northern France as it's physically nearer than going racing further up north in the UK.

With more of the byways being policed - this event amongst others seems an easy option to plan ahead as everyone knows the date and we are free to have our own fun in Kitcheners field - Todd' curry night is always a good opening starter and the past film show was a great idea. Our own loos just make it easier thanks to Brian. Other than the Aug bank hols midlands show with all the battlefield fireworks most of the other shows do not seem to give us the freedom that Beltring / Revival does like open fires and making holes etc.

We could have a drive out in 2016 if you wanted a new scenic 6stud photo !

Just my thoughts.
Have a great Christmas fellow 101 teamsters.

PS :
Petrol loyalty cards are rubbish - 6 months of concentrated use gave me a sum
of.................£14 to redeem - hardly worth the effort to remember to use the
card - sadly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:45 pm 
101-derful!

Mem No: 2362
My online application was submitted today within 3 mins of remembering the vehicle reg info. It asked for insurance details but I ignored that as I assumed that was for re enactments.

It also asks for the names of both 2 adults and 2 kids - for the allocation of wrist bands. Seems a bit presuming to assume you would know who is free next July !

I entered the MVT membership tick box but it seems the much discussed past "Imps free entry" now only gives you one wrist band and then it's either £30 for bringing a mate / partner or £25 if they have a suitable vehicle. I never did get why some preferred the Imps over Mvt.

It never occurred to me that a bicycle was being used as a military vehicle ! for cheap camping !
so that has been stopped.

You also could not avoid the Gurka £10 manned toilet charge but heh - two positives :
More Gurkas are being employed
The event runs another year and it's still a cheap price for 5 days of camping.

Roll on the summer

Have a great Christmas break.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 am 
Club Secretary

The reason behind the IMPS & W&P, is because the very first IMPS shows were IMPS organised and run. We were a small club which put on small weekend shows mainly for our own entertainment, much as Combined Ops is now. But the shows became very popular and grew from 50/60 vehicles to 100/150 vehicles to 200/250 vehicles over successive years, to a point where the IMPS event outgrew it's show ground at Tenterden and was offered the Hop Farm at Beltring, which was then the home of the Whitbread shire horses. But needed additional funding, which IMPS member Roy Harris provided, with the further increase in growth of the show more funding was required and in stepped IMPS member Rex Cadman, and a deal was struck. Part of the deal was, and still is that IMPS members have free entry, and initially a part of the takings for club funds. All IMPS members volunteers carried out the tasks to ensure the event went smoothly. Again something that was still apparent last year and hopefully in 2016.